Friday 13 January 2012

Great introduction to weekend

Today I went on Jakuševec to do the IWC and check if there are any ringed gulls .

It was one of the best days ever :) 43 rings read :)

18 Croatian BHG
1 Hungarian BHG (red H13J)
24 Croatian YLG
There were more than 20 000 gulls present.
HG

After the rubbish I went to Savica pond to see if there are any ducks or Coots waiting to be cannon netted :)

I've seen 3 Mute Swans (all 3 with rings and I read all of them) and few Coots..

I got more than 50kg of sausages.. Hope gulls will like them on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, 43 rings on one day, a great result! Congrats!
    I was today on the rubbish dump near Sopron, where I see more then 500 gulls, mainly canus soaring around in the air, but unfortunately they will not come down to feed. I hope my next trip will be better.

    I wish you good luck for the next ringing session tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete