Monday 4 March 2013

My friends we did it!

Oh what a day!

Last weekend I had Fabijan From Novi Sad as a guest and was under lot of pressure to show him successful catch.. But I couldn't imagine it would be this good!
LBBG without ring..We gotta do something about it.




CG with (I think ) Polish ring
We were at the tip at 7 30. Until 8 15 the tip was clear and we set the net. It looked promising and some 15 minutes later we got first catch with around 110 gulls:). The extraction was very good and fast. While Toni, Filip and Kruno were resetting the net others started ringing. There were at least 4 people ringing at any moment and everything started looking the way I would like it to be.. Everybody is busy and thing are going smoothly.. After it was finished we reset the net and before noon we had another catch with around 90 gulls.. Now started to look as we could brake the record from last year and it really happened with third catch and 60 more gulls :)
We only ringed 2 species: 207 BHG and 53 YLG. But total was 260 gulls ringed!!!!

Among them we catched 1 YLG ringed as a chick on Island of Zecevo near  Senj in 2006 and BHG from Lithuania . It was 2w bird and I'll put ringing details when I get them.

We reringed it because it had very worn color ring and no metalring










I don't have much photos because we were worknig all the time:) I'll put some when I get from other people.

With this catch we have 930 gulls ringed this winter. I hope we'll have one more catch in two weeks to pass 1000 birds this winter.

I would like to thank whole crew for great job done and Maciej for most of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment